Friday, November 25, 2011

The Contract

Even after our decision was made to begin a formal M/s relationship, there was still the matter of the contract we would sign, what we would agree to.

My Master, of course, would design and present the contract to me, and accept input, answer questions etc, but the final decision on how, when and the manner of implementation would be his.

I cannot say that there were surprises in it. I know the basics, as everyone does. He is my Master, this is about power exchange and all the things that go along with it, the safeguards, the consent, the defining and spelling out of the agreements. I suppose you could call it a "beginner" contract, a starter of sorts.

What surprised me, was the emotional reaction I had to reading his words. I was touched, humbled, honored, amazed at the time, effort and energy he put into writing it. I haven't had anyone ever do anything similar for me before. It was a clear indication to me of his seriousness about us, and his love for me.

One would think after years of daily caring and contact that I would know, and understand. On some level I did. He has written to me of his love, shown me with his caresses of his care, with his intensity of his passion, and I can see in his eyes that he knows me and accepts me and my needs, my flaws, that despite how and what I am he does not turn his eyes from me.

This was just different for me. The contract demonstrates his desire to be bound to me, for the term of the contract at least. It illustrates the claim he makes on my will, my soul, my body. I suppose that's it. I have felt loved by him, desired, comforted and controlled. This is a claim of ownership that extends beyond lust and love and to me that is more romantic and fulfilling than any other vow or declaration could be.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and good luck on the next steps of your journey.

    ReplyDelete